We are open and our office hours of operation are as usual. Our lawyers are also working to make themselves available during off-hours if needed, to better assist those of our clients whose lives and schedules have been disrupted by the pandemic.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and working to support our clients and to minimize interruptions. We will be adjusting our approach as circumstances evolve.
Our lawyers continue to work remotely as well as in our offices. Your contact with us might also be remote due to the current work environment.
We are well-able to support online and telephone meetings where possible and we encourage you to contact us and to interact with us by telephone, email, and videoconferencing.
Our meetings with you may be via videoconferencing or telephone. We ask that until further notice, you not drop into the office without making prior arrangements to do so.
When You Visit Us: Safety Guidelines
- If you are experiencing shortness of breath, fever, cough, sore throat, or any other similar symptoms, or if you have recently travelled off of Vancouver Island, please do not attend our offices.
- Please maintain physical distancing while you are here. We will do the same.
- Please ensure that you wear a mask at all times while you are with us.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment time and please do not bring anyone with you unless you have cleared it with our office first.
- We maintain a visitor log book and you may be asked to provide us with your contact details (if we do not already have them) as well as those of anyone accompanying you to your appointment.
- We may ask you to wait outside our offices if our waiting room is already occupied.
The pandemic continues to impact court procedure, scheduling, and the way that the courts operate. The British Columbia courts – the Provincial Court, the Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal – give updates on their websites. You can find them here: